Full Name: John Christopher Depp II
Date of Birth: June 9, 1963
Birthplace: Owensboro, Kentucky, USA; raised mostly in Miramar, Florida.
Parents: John Christopher Depp and Betty Sue (Wells) Palmer
- Danny (also known as D.P. Depp)
- Christi (Dembrowski) (Christi is Johnny's personal assistant and a co-founder of his film production company.)
Current Residence: Johnny owns homes in Plan de la Tour, France and in Los Angeles, CA (USA). In addition to his Los Angeles home, Johnny also owns a penthouse condominium in Los Angeles. In 2004, Johnny purchased Little Hall's Pond Cay, a small island in the Bahamas.
Partner: Since 1998, Vanessa Paradis, an accomplished and internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter and actress/model of French nationality. More information about Vanessa can be found in our Vanessa Paradis section.
Children (with Vanessa Paradis):
- Lily-Rose Melody Depp, born May 27, 1999
- John Christopher Depp III (Jack), born April 9, 2002
Musical Affiliations: Johnny has described his first love as music and claims he is a musician first and foremost. The following is a short list of his musical accomplishments. More information can be found in our Johnny Depp's Music section.
- Guitarist for The Kids, Rock City Angels and P.
- Slide guitarist on the song "Fade In-Out" by Oasis (1997).
- Guitarist for "The Snake" album by Shane MacGowan & The Pogues.
- He has appeared in a variety of music videos, including:
- "It's a Shame About Ray" by the Lemonheads (1992)
- "That Woman's Got Me Drinking" by Shane MacGowan & The Pogues (1994)
- "Into the Great Wide Open" by Tom Petty
- "Joey" by Concrete Blonde
- "God's Gonna Cut You Down" by Johnny Cash (2006)
- Director of the music videos "Pourtant" and "Que fait la vie?" by Vanessa Paradis (2001).
- Writer and Producer of "Sand's Theme" from the motion picture soundtrack Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
- Guitarist on the following tracks: "Minor Swing", "They're Red Hot" and "Caravan" from the motion picture soundtrack Chocolat.
- With Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski, he co-produced Rogue's Gallery, a CD collection of authentic pirate ballads, sea songs and shanties recorded by various artists including Bono, Sting, Nick Cave, Bryan Ferry, Lou Reed, Richard Thompson, Lucinda Williams, Jarvis Cocker and more.
- In 2007 and 2008, he reunited with his former band, The Kids, to play a benefit concert in Pampano Beach, Florida for the Sheila Witkin Foundation.
- Narrator of When You're Strange, a documentary film about the late 1960's rock band: The Doors.
Business Affiliations: Johnny is no longer the owner of the Viper Room in West Hollywood, California nor, to the best of our knowledge, is he any longer the part-time owner of the Man Ray Restaurants in New York and Paris.
Production Company: Founded in 2004, a film production company called "Infinitum Nihil".
Charitable Affiliations: Johnny has generously given his time and support to the Children's Hospice Coalition, Great Ormond Street Hospital, The Dan Marino Foundation and The Sheila Witkin Foundation. If you would like to follow in his philanthropic footsteps, please visit our affiliated site: Johnny's Angels DeppFans for Charity
Artwork: Johnny has been dabbling in photography, drawing and painting for years. His photograph of Vanessa Paradis appears on the cover of her 2000 album: "Bliss", and his portrait of her appears on the cover of her 2007 album: "Divinidylle". More information can be found in our Johnny Depp's Artwork page.
HOW DO I GET AN AUTOGRAPH FROM JOHNNY?
Please DO NOT send email requests to Tracey Jacobs at UTA. To receive instructions on how to receive an autograph from Johnny Depp, email Spanky Taylor, Correspondence Director, at email@example.com. For the quickest response, mail a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Johnny DeppPlease note: Johnny cannot be directly contacted through this address.
c/o Spanky Taylor
3727 West Magnolia
Burbank, CA 91505
DOES JOHNNY DEPP HAVE A MYSPACE?
No. Johnny Depp does not have an official MySpace, Twitter, Facebook or any other such site. In a 2008 interview, Johnny claimed to have checked, on occasion and anonymously, into his fansites. However, there is no official Johnny Depp fansite (and that includes Depp Impact), nor has he ever associated himself with any fansite. BEWARE: Please do not be fooled by anyone online who claims to be Johnny Depp. Do not release any personal information about yourself to people claiming to be him or who claim to know him. You are putting yourself at risk as you have no idea who these people are or what they are after.
ARE JOHNNY DEPP AND VANESSA PARADIS MARRIED?
To our knowledge, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have never officially married, but in Johnny's own words: Vanessa and I have considered ourselves husband and wife since the day we moved in together. We just haven't gone through the formalities of legalizing our union.
HAS JOHNNY DEPP EVER BEEN MARRIED?
Johnny was married to Lori Allison from 1983-1985. Prior to 1998 (when he met Vanessa Paradis), he was romantically linked with Sherilynn Fenn, Winona Ryder, Jennifer Grey, and Kate Moss.
HOW TALL IS JOHNNY?
He is 5' 11".
HOW MANY TATTOOS DOES JOHNNY HAVE?
As far as we know, Johnny has at least ninteen tattoos. More information about his tattoos can be found on our Johnny Depp's Body Art page.
DOES JOHNNY OWN A YACHT?
Yes. In 2007, Johnny purchased a super yacht. Christened the Vajoliroja, the yacht's name is a combination of the first two letters of his family's names. The yacht "hoists its colors" with the Captain Jack Sparrow flag from Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End.
WHO ARE JOHNNY'S FAVORITE AUTHORS?
Johnny lists the following authors as his favorites and/or has been seen reading the works of: Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, J.P. Donleavy, Tom Robbins, Ernest Hemingway, Nick Toches, William Burroughs, Oscar Wilde, Charles Bukowski, Arthur Rimbaud, James Joyce, Edgar Allen Poe and William Saroyan.
WHO ARE JOHNNY'S FAVORITE MUSICIANS/GROUPS?
By no means a comprehensive list, Johnny has stated he enjoys the music of the following artists: The Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop, Shane MacGowan, Taraf de Haidouks (Romanian Gypsy Band), Oasis, Marilyn Mason, Tom Waits, Thelonious Monk, Serge Gainsbourg, Chuck E. Weiss and Bob Dylan. Additional information can be found at Johnny Depp Rocks.
HAS JOHNNY DEPP QUIT SMOKING?
In the July 2009 Vanity Fair interview, Johnny is quoted as saying that he gave up smoking 'a few years ago'. Since then, he has been photographed by paparazzi with a cigarette in hand.
WHAT IS JOHNNY DEPP'S PRODUCTION COMPANY CALLED?
Infinitum Nihil (from the Latin: Unlimited Nothing). The quote on the company's official website is from Tolstoy and reads: "force is force...matter is matter...will is will...the infinite is the infinite...nothing is nothing"
WHAT ARE JOHNNY'S FAVORITE FOODS?
Judging from things he has said in interviews, his favorites include: Pork, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mexican Food and 'cheap' chocolate. He is a connoisseur of fine wines and a self-described lover of 'fast-food'.
WHAT IS JOHNNY'S FAVORITE COLOR?
According to a 1990 interview, his favorite color is black.
WHAT FILMS FEATURE JOHNNY SINGING?
Johnny sings "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me" in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, the lead role in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and "The Last Round Up" in Public Enemies. Johnny did not sing in the film Cry-Baby, in that film his singing voice was dubbed by a performer named James Intveld.